THE BAUTEX WALL ANCHOR
ABS PLASTIC ATTACHMENT ACCESSORY
The Bautex Wall Anchor BWA 22-10 is a rigid ABS plastic attachment anchor for use with the 10-inch Bautex Wall System to attach light- to medium-load construction assemblies. The Bautex Wall Anchor will support gravity loads up to 130 pounds and up to 56 pounds withdrawal force per attachment point when attaching with a 2 inch #6 coarse-thread drywall screw.
Typical Wall Anchor Uses
The Bautex Wall Anchor can be used to attach light- to medium-duty items to the Bautex Block wall including:
- Intersecting interior framed walls
- Tracks for rain screen wall cladding systems
- Furring for exterior siding
- Furring or framing systems for interior drywall
- Support ledgers for mounting millwork
- Interior and exterior architectural elements
- Lighting and signage fixtures
INSTALLING THE BAUTEX WALL ANCHOR
In areas where materials need to be fastened to the exterior or interior face of the Bautex Wall System, Bautex Wall Anchors are installed prior to concrete being poured in the wall. The anchors are installed so that the attachment plate on the end of the anchor is hammered flush with the face of the wall, and the tip of the anchor penetrates into the hollow core area of the Bautex Block.
The Bautex Wall Anchor is installed as follows:
- Determine anchor position as specified in the construction documents and mark each location where a Bautex Wall Anchor will be installed.
- Check that the anchors line up with the center of either a horizontal or vertical core of the Bautex Wall System, and ensure that the oval cutout in the shaft of the anchor is fully oriented in the core area and will be captured by the concrete when poured. THE SHAFT OF THE BAUTEX WALL ANCHOR MUST BE INSTALLED IN A VERTICAL ORIENTATION.
- Gently hammer the anchor into the wall at the attachment point using a rubber mallet. Confirm that attachment spacing matches the project specifications. Be sure not to over- penetrate, and that the anchor face is flush with the surface of the wall.
- Immediately after the Bautex Wall System is poured with concrete and while the concrete is still workable, visually inspect all wall anchors and reinsert any that have moved to ensure the face plate is flush with the wall.
|Face Height||2 inches|
|Face Width||2 inches|
|Face Are||4 square inches|
|Anchor Length||4.75 inches|
|Shaft Height||2 inches|
|Weight||1 ounce, 28 grams|
|Anchors per carton||200|
|Weight per carton||13.5 pounds|
The Bautex Wall Anchor has been laboratory tested to provide both gravity and withdrawal load capacities for the screw fasteners described below. Before buying and using this product, completely read the Bautex Wall System Installation Guide as well as the Product Data sheet and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) available for download below.
|ASTM D1761-06 - Standard Test Method for Mechanical Fasteners in Wood||Stated use||Allowable loads for 2-inch # 6 coarse thread drywall screws:|
|Lateral Loads:||130 lbs.|
|Withdrawal Loads:||56 lbs|