HOME PLAN LICENSE TERMS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For Home Plans by Design Basics, LLC
Bautex has partnered with Design Basics, LLC to develop home plans that have been customized to make construction of your home using the Bautex Wall System simple, fast and efficient. These plans include all of the details you and your builder need to begin the construction process. These plans are copyrighted by Design Basics and the sale of these home plan and construction licenses are subject to the following terms and conditions.
What Is Included in Your Construction License
When you purchase a plan, you receive a construction license that gives you certain rights in building the home depicted in that plan. The following sheets are included in most plan sets:
- Cover Page. Each home plan features the front elevation and informative reference sections including, general notes and design criteria, abbreviations, and symbols for your plan.
- Elevations. Scaled elevations for the front, rear, and sides are provided. All elevations are detailed, and an aerial view of the roof is provided.
- Foundations. Basic foundation designs are provided, however most jurisdictions require a sealed set of structural engineering plans for foundations. See engineering section below.
- Main Level Floor Plan. The detailed drawings are fully dimensioned for ease of framing and account for the depth of the Bautex Wall System where designed.
- Second Level Floor Plan. Dimensioned and drafted to the same degree of detail as the main level floor plan.
- Electrical and Sections. Illustrated on a separate page for clarity, the electrical plan shows suggested electrical layout for the main and second level floor plans. Typical wall and stair sections are provided to further explain construction of these areas.
Construction Print Options
Plans are available in the following formats:
- PDF Format: Receive your construction drawings via email in PDF format. Print from your plotter or take to your local printer.
- CAD Files: Available in AutoCAD DWG & MicroStation DGN formats. Sent via email.
Local Building Codes
Plans are drafted to meet the Uniform Building Code or IRC (International Residential Code) at the time they are designed (contact us for more information). Because codes and requirements can change and may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, the designers cannot warrant compliance with any specific code or regulation. All plans can be adapted to your local building codes and requirements. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or builder of each plan to see that the structure is built in strict compliance with all governing municipal codes (city, county, state, and federal).
No structural engineering information is included in the plans. For assistance with structural engineering services for your home, please contact a Bautex representative at 855.922.8839 or [email protected]bautexsystems.com.
Required Project Information
For both the Single- and Multi-Build Licenses you must report the address of where the home(s) is(are) to be built. Failing to do so invalidates your license and may subject you to legal penalties under federal copyright laws. Each plan offered for sale by Bautex is copyrighted by the author with the U.S. Federal Copyright Office, meaning the images and construction prints of these home plans are legally protected from unlawful use.
Actions Allowed Under This License
The following actions are allowed under this construction license:
- You may modify the plan or have a qualified local professional modify the plan at your direction. The original designer’s copyright notice must be retained on the modified drawings.
- You may make additional copies of the home plan as needed for construction so long as the copies are made from the set you receive containing the red seal (The red seal will appear on your construction license if you ordered your home plan as a PDF file).
- You may build the home based upon the home plan purchased. Before you start construction, complete the Construction License process by reporting the address where the home is to be built; failing to do so invalidates your License and may subject you to legal penalties under federal copyright law.
Actions Prohibited Under This License
The following actions are prohibited under this construction license:
- Building a home with these plans WITHOUT a construction license
- Copying any part of the original designs to create another design of your own
- Claiming copyright on changes you make to our plans
- Providing the plan or copy of the plan to someone else for building another home
- Selling the plans
Changes made to any home plan are legally considered to be “derivative works” of the Bautex plans. As the owner of the copyright of the home plan, only the original designer is entitled to copyright of derivative works. Any attempt by others to claim copyright in derivative works is a violation of federal copyright laws.
Payments and Pricing
Pricing is subject to change at any time without notice. We accept debit, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards. Please contact us at 855.922.8839 or [email protected]bautexsystems.com if you have any questions.
Returns and Exchanges
As our home plans are copyrighted by federal law and licensed to the purchaser, we do not allow returns, refunds, or exchanges. Please be sure of our selection before ordering. If you have any questions, please contact us at 855.922.8839 or [email protected]bautexsystems.com prior to ordering.